The Reference Arterial Tonometer for clinical and research applications
What Customers Say
Demo video of Carotid, Femoral (through jeans), and Brachial tonometry
PulsePen is a non-invasive device able to evaluate:
Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV): the gold standard method for assessing arterial distensibility
Central Blood Pressure: directly derived by the carotid pulse waveform
Pulse Wave Analysis (PWA): including separation analysis of forward and backward waves
Central blood pressure is measured by PulsePen tonometer directly on the carotid artery, without the use of ambiguous "transfer function" from a peripheral artery.
The PulsePen probe's plunger makes easy the signal capture of the pressure waves because of its dimension and shape. It's very robust and typical shocks don't damage it.
The system is contained in a pocket-size bag, it's lightweight and very easily transportable. The connection of the tonometer and Ecg with the computer is totally wireless. The absence of connection cables allows for very comfortable use. The radio transmission is based on a proprietary protocol that was specifically developed to obtain a perfect time synchronization between units.
The use of the device is not difficult and one USB pen is inserted in the package with all the involved software, included a video tutorial about the method that explains the correct usage and a quick reference guide.
The PulsePen is available in two models that differ only for the number of tonometric probes, that is one for the WPP001-ET and two for the WPP001-ETT. The ET model uses ECG as a reference for determining the transit time of pressure waves and hence to estimate the pulse wave velocity. The ETT model allows for the same measurements of the first one adding the possibility to measure the PWV also in a single step with two probes simultaneously, without the use of ECG.
• wRs1: wireless USB receiver of signals from the ECG and Tonometric sensors
• wEc1: ECG unit with only two electrodes connection (battery-powered)
• wTn1: tonometric probe (battery-powered)
• CV010: ECG cables
• USB memory with PC Software, tutorial, and manual
• Printed copies of guarantee and user manual, accessories
Page example with mean curve, related parameters, PWV and
Software: state of the art features as real-time semaphore with an indication of the quality index of the captured signals, analysis of curves with automatic calculations, complete list of parameters, manual editing of markers, direct and backward waves analysis, PWV superimposition on reference percentile graphs, advanced SEVR analysis, data export in ASCII, CSV and proprietary database format, automatic periodic database backup, 2D and 3D representation of signals, complete and evolved report generation, synchronization option for DAQ systems, ...
Long-term recordings: it's possible to produce long-term recordings (up to 24h) saving raw data
in ASCII format for post analysis performed by the user.
The guarantee period is two years and in case of problems, Customers have to follow a very simple procedure contacting DiaTecne for the analysis of the issue and following our instructions to send us the apparatus using an express courier (UPS, DHL, FedEx, SDA, ...) in case it's not possible to solve it. In few days the PulsePen will be shipped back perfectly working.
Software Help, User manual, and brochure are available in the "Support/Downloads" area.
Why choose PulsePen:
- In the assessment of PWV and pulse waveform analysis, PulsePen employs only pressure sensors (tonometers), without cuffs, based on the international recommendations for arterial stiffness estimation.
- Easy recording of the aortic PWV with average running time of fewer than 3 minutes.
- Validated assessment of central hemodynamic parameters directly based on the carotid (central) recording of the pressure waves, without using any “transfer function”.
- The PulsePen captures the pressure and electrocardiographic signals at high definition (16 bit ) and high sampling rate (1000 Hz).
- Starting from the first model of 2004, PulsePen has been used in numerous clinical and epidemiological studies involving more than 30 thousand patients all over the world.
- More than 150 scientific publications on prestigious international journals (indexed by Scopus and Web of Science) refer to studies in which PulsePen was used.
- The reference values of aortic PWV in the pediatric age have been defined using the PulsePen system.
- PulsePen allows the estimation of the real balance between subendocardial oxygen supply and demand (SEVR), taking into account parameters ignored by other systems (such as isovolumic contraction, isovolumic relaxation, and diastolic ventricular pressure).
- The original wireless system allows maximum freedom of movement for the operator.
- The system includes a mechanical holder for stable and artifact-free signal capture.
- The best performance in terms of signal quality and stability with the lowest variability among similar devices.
- Designed and certified for use in the daily clinical practice (speed of execution, qualitative evaluation of the signal, automatic reporting) and in the clinical applied research (advanced morphologic analysis of pressure wave, export of parameters to a spreadsheet, and much more… ).
- Pocket size dimensions. Total system weight less than 100 g.
- No fees for consumables or periodic updates. Free software upgrades.
- Competitive price compared with other tonometer instruments on the market.